The Brazilian Rainforest
Art Project: "Recycled" Rainbow MacawFor the project you will need:
1. Take cap of juice bottle and push styrofoam ball so that it sits on bottle neck (like any good head should)
2. Cut tube into a beak shape. Make top a little longer and then bend it over like a parrot beak. I put a little snip on either side and glued it so it looked like this. Leave a little tab on bottom and top so you can pin it to the styrofoam.
3. Pin beak to styrofoam and tape some wings on either side of body and a little flap on back to attach tail feathers.
4. Wasn't sure if glue would stick to the plastic so we used spray adhesive and sprayed all over bird. Also, glue + feathers + kids = BIG MESS so the spray glue was a little neater.
5. Sort your feathers by color so you don't have to dig for the color you want. This was a great project for the 3 year old!
6. Go to it and decorate your beautiful Rainbow Macaw!!!